![]() |
| Vivien is modeling a size 2 Mae, and I am in an Amelia dress (it has POCKETS!) |
But did you know that LLR is systematically taking over every piece of clothing in my closet? Quite literally. Since discovering LLR last fall, I have not bought a single piece of clothing that wasn't LLR (except for a denim jacket from Target that my LLR fashion consultant, Kerri, said I simply MUST have) The clothes are comfy and versatile (wear to work AND play? Yes please!) and they flatter pretty much everything from a pogo-stick to a cantaloupe, which is great because I fall somewhere in-between.
Even Vivien loves LLR. Especially since they collaborated with Mickey Mouse. I think Justin is waiting for them to release the Star Wars leggings and then we'll all be one big happy LLR-wearing, adoption-loving family!
This past week, my two loves combined forces in a mighty way: My sister-in-law, Rebekah, and my mother threw me a surprise pop-up LuLa Fundraiser Party AND my very dear friend and personal LLR fashionista, Kerri, is in the middle of running a week-long fundraiser sale. Everything made through these fundraisers, with LLR matching, will be donated toward the cost of our adoption fees and expenses.
![]() |
| 'Roe-ing with Mom and Rebekah! |
![]() |
| LLR goodies sold during Kerri's fundraising Album Sale! |
And now for an adoption update:
On August 4th, we had our biometrics appointment with the office of U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service. That's a fancy way of saying we went to be photographed and fingerprinted. (for the 3rd time for those who are counting). Our appointment, which they scheduled, was at 8 AM in Elizabeth. The appointment letter said to bring a photo ID. We left Viv with our dear friend Michelle and were on our way.
We were pleasantly surprised with how quickly and efficiently the registration process was considering the volume of other individuals and families with 8 AM appointments. Everything was going great. Until they realized I had a maiden name. When they asked to see my marriage certificate, I stared at the office manager, dumbfounded.
"This appointment letter says nothing about bringing a marriage certificate."
Redness began to burn in my eyes and I began my yoga breathing as a measure of keeping my cool as I realized I was not going to be fingerprinted without my paper-trail of legal names.
![]() |
| No USCIS employees were harmed in the events that occurred on Aug 4. |
After a trip back home to get my marriage certificate, a misinformed superfluous trip to the Mt. Laurel USCIS office in the opposite direction, and another trip back to Elizabeth, we finally completed this step in the process.
![]() |
| "You asked for miracles, Theo. I give you the F. B. I." |
Waiting is so hard, guys. Everyday we think of Jenny, sitting there in her Eastern Europe orphanage, wondering if there's a family out there, a mommy and a daddy who would love her. She has no idea how we long to curl up on the couch with her in our arms and love on her. We know that day is coming, and God is in control. But we pray it comes sooner that we could ever hope!






No comments:
Post a Comment