Saturday, June 16, 2018

Love is Bigger Than Anything in Its Way

The Etters love U2. 


When we heard about the summer 2018 American leg of their "Experience & Innocence" tour, we faced the reality that we would have to miss the boys this year because we'd be home "nesting" with our newly adopted foreign-language daughter suffering from a severe medical condition. 

When it became clear that our dream of bringing Jenny home wasn't going to be happening anytime soon, we secured some over-prices tickets from Stubhub and caught the June 13th show in Philly (Tara's 7th time, for those keeping record). 



In true U2 fashion, the guys put on a great show with an eclectic set list of old and mostly new stuff.  It was a bittersweet show for us as we kept thinking "We shouldn't even be here" and the tears flowed freely as Bono crooned a song from the new album called "Love is Bigger Than Anything in Its Way." 

This journey to Jenny has been fraught with uncertainty, disappointment and at times, little more than blind hope.  But Bono is right.  Love really is bigger than anything in its way.  And we know that love will #bringjennyhome someday.



The door is open to go through
If I could I would come too
But the path is made by you
As you‘re walking, start singing and stop talking

Oh
If I could hear myself when I say 
Oh
Love is bigger than anything in its way

So young to be the words of your own song 
I know the rage in you is strong
Write a world where we can belong
to each other and sing it like no other

Oh
If I could hear myself when I say 
Oh
Love is bigger than anything in its way

If the moonlight caught you crying on Killiney Bay
Oh sing your song, let your song be sung
If you listen you can hear the silence say 
When you think you’re done, you’ve just begun
Love is bigger than anything in its way 
Love is bigger than anything in its way 

Love is bigger than anything in its way. 


No comments:

Post a Comment