Grief is a funny thing. Each person handles it so differently. I've grieved the loss of a beloved pet. I've grieved the loss of my daddy way sooner than anyone should have to. And now I can say I've grieved the loss of a child I never had. Talk about not being fair or not having closure. How is one supposed to move on from something like that?
I'll tell you how: by realizing this loss is part of a bigger picture.
And maybe, just maybe, the Journey to Jenny was never supposed to lead us to Jenny.
So, our journey continues. If you're still here for the ride, we covet your prayers. It hurts to re-embark on this journey. It's like re-opening a wound that never healed. But God has given the Etters a heart for adoption. And so we press on. To pray for the orphan; to intercede and defend; to bring an unwanted child into our lives.
Buckle up. This journey rolls on!
No comments:
Post a Comment