Four airports, three plane rides and one car trip later, we find ourselves in a foreign land, about to meet our son.
The gravity of this statement is not lost on us. In fact, we feel just as we did in the days leading up to Viv's birth. We know our lives are about to change dramatically, but we have absolutely no idea what we're truly in for.
In the 24 hours that it took for us to get here, we've had plenty of time to pray and reflect on God's grace and mercy in our lives. Never in a million years would we have ever thought that we would be in a Eastern European country about to meet our almost four-year old son. As we crossed over the Austrian Alps, a song lyric came to my mind and has become a theme for us on this journey:
You brought me this far
So why would I question you now?
You have provided
So why would I start to doubt?
I've never been stranded, abandoned, or left here to fight alone
So I'm giving you control.
("Lift My Life Up" by Unspoken)
("Lift My Life Up" by Unspoken)
Looking back on this 2 year journey, with its mighty highs and costly lows, we have seen God in every step. He has never abandoned us, even in the darkest moments, even when we felt alone. And as we are about to leave our apartment and head for N's orphanage, we stop to pray. We cast our cares on God, knowing full well that He brought us here and would not take us this far only to leave us high and dry. And as we walk up the steps to meet him, we're nervous, but we know we are not alone. This is God's plan for us and He will finish the good work He has started.


I don't know how to blog. Is this your blog?
ReplyDelete